Pages

12.23.2013

Conversations in my Head

brain diagramNice. I like the new digs.

Hey Left Hand Guy. What's up?

Just thought I'd drop by and say hello.
I have a feeling I won't be visiting very often.

No. I think you're right. 

We had a good run, you and I.

Yeah.

So.....where do I go from here?

I don't know.
This is kinda new for me too.

YOU WILL FAIL!

Fail what? 
You can only fail when there are rules.  
There are no rules. 
There are no foods that are forbidden.

Oh.
You already figured that out, huh?

Well, I'm getting there.

So...just what are you doing?

I am learning to trust.
 I've spent nearly 20 years ignoring 
things when I eat. 
Simple things. 
Like what it is to be hungry. 
And what it is to be satisfied.

Aha! So...when you do overeat
or when you get too hungry,
I'll be there to make sure you FAIL!

Meh. 
But in a few hours, I'll probably
 be hungry again, 
and I can practice 
trusting those cues again. So...

Yeah...

Hey. Listen Left Hand Guy.
 I could use your help.

Really?!?

Yeah. I really am having a hard time
 learning what these hunger cues are. 
If you could see fit to help me recognize...

YOU ARE HUNGRY!
YOU ARE FULL!

There you go.  
You always claimed 
that you were, 
deep down, 
trying to help. 
How about you use
 those powers for good?

I don't know.

You might as well. 
You don't scare me anymore. 
And the whole shame think never really worked.

Sooo...this is a truce?

No.

 This is peace.

1 comment:

  1. Let's give peace a chance, yes?

    Let's play some guitar.

    ReplyDelete